An FHA loan is a mortgage that is insured by the Federal Housing Administration. The federal government insures loans for FHA-approved lenders in order to reduce their risk of loss if a borrower defaults on their mortgage payments.
FHA loans have gained increasing popularity since the credit and debt-to-income requirements are less strict than conventional loans. The program was started in the 1930’s to stimulate the housing market. An FHA loan makes purchasing a home more accessible and affordable.
To speak to one of our loan experts about this mortgage option in the Gainesville, Florida area, call Chris Doering Mortgage today.
FHA Loan Requirements
To qualify for a FHA loan, you must provide information about your credit history, employment history, and more. Your application will be based on:
- Housing Types, State, and County
- Debt to Income Ratios
- Closing Costs
- Acceptable Credit History
FHA Loan Application Checklist
Be prepared to bring the following documentation to your loan officer when you are getting ready to apply for an FHA loan:
- Address of your past residence (past two years)
- Social Security Number
- Past 2 years of employment information
- Gross monthly salary
- Information on current loans
- Information on all checking and savings accounts
- Current check stubs and W-2 forms (past two years)
- Personal tax returns (past two years)
Why Choose an FHA Loan?
Many homebuyers are interested in FHA loans due to the fact that they offer many benefits that traditional loan mortgages do not. Here are a few that you could enjoy with an FHA loan:
- Easier to qualify: FHA loans are available to borrowers with lower credit scores, making it easier to qualify for as compared to other mortgage loans.
- Competitive interest rates. Learn more about the specific interest rates in Florida by calling Chris Doering Mortgage.
- Lower down payments. Borrowers can qualify for an FHA loan with as little as 3.5% down.
How to Apply in Florida
If you think you may be interested in an FHA loan in Gainesville, call Chris Doering Mortgage. We are the home buying experts and can help you every step of the way when purchasing a new home.
To learn more about FHA loans and how you can apply, contact us today!